Sama-samang pagkilos! Sereno’s supporters to hold protests today
Supporters of ousted Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno will gather in various locations around Metro Manila today for a series of protests against the Supreme Court majority vote that booted Sereno out of office.
The Coalition for Justice and other partner organizations will hold a Black Friday indignation rally to condemn the decision of 8 SC justices to grant the quo warranto against Sereno and the apparent tyranny of the Executive against the Judiciary.
Here are the protest locations and the organizations in charge:
1. PADRE FAURA – YOUTH ACT NOW | MOVEMENT AGAINST TYRANNY
2. UST – YOUTH ACT NOW | MOVEMENT AGAINST TYRANNY
3. KATIPUNAN (IN FRONT OF MIRIAM COLLEGE) – YOUTH ACT NOW | MOVEMENT AGAINST TYRANNY
4. KATIPUNAN (IN FRONT OF NATIONAL BOOKSTORE) – TINDIG PILIPINAS
5. PUP/STOP & SHOP – YOUTH ACT NOW | MOVEMENT AGAINST TYRANNY
6. TAFT/ST. BENILDE – YOUTH ACT NOW | MOVEMENT AGAINST TYRANNY
7. WELCOME ROTONDA – LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS
8. TIMOG BOY SCOUT ROTUNDA – IDEFEND | SANLAKAS | KALIPUNAN NG MGA KILUSANG MASA
The general assembly will be held at 5 p.m. in Padre Faura. Other activities will follow, such as a mini-program on Quo Warranto and Justice for the Poor